Challenge #12: Chipped Enamel
Sponsored by It's Always Fabulous!
(The Chipped Enamel technique is used on the metal numbers and the photo frame.)
Well, guys, as of this week we're officially 1/3 of the way through the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge Series! Can you believe it? I'm having such a great time, and am inspired every day by your talent and enthusiasm and kindness. Thanks to you all, from the bottom of my heart!
Ready to do it again? Please open your Compendium of Curiosities to page 44, where you'll find Tim's instructions for his wicked cool Chipped Enamel technique! One of the easiest ways to get a dramatic, dimensional distressed look on metallic pieces, this is a technique I use often, and I hope you enjoy it, too!
I'm thrilled to introduce a new sponsor this week! Welcome, It's Always Fabulous!
Sue Stoughton, the kind and brilliant force behind this awesome online vendor, is renowned for her exceptional customer service, not to mention her great prices and knowledge of all that's new and wonderful in the crafting world. She has a fabulous shop at ETSY, with a fun and ever-evolving inventory, and has the most generous pre-order policy I've seen yet. Check this out:
At It's Always Fabulous, we want everyone to have the chance to pre-order product. Because we don't set the delivery dates and even our suppliers are uncertain about availability dates, we don't want to be holding your money until we are sure the product is on its way. So if you're interested in a pre-order, drop an email and we'll send you the preorder pricing. Send in your requests and when the product is on its way, we'll send you a Paypal invoice for the product. Simple Simple Simple. While you're waiting, see www.itsalwaysfabulous.etsy.com for the latest from other great companies like 7gypsies and Jenni Bowlin.
How cool is that?
Sue has put together an unbelievable prize package for this week's winner. Seriously, prepare to have your socks knocked off. Behold:
- One set of the Retro Halloween Stamps
- One set of the Halloween Words and Webs Texture Fades
- One Package of Hobgoblin Tissue Tape
- One Bottle of Distress Stickles in Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot and Dusty Concord
- One Chipboard Ghost Album (Nikki Sivils - Scrapbooker product)
- One set of Vintage Chipboard Halloween Buttons (Jenni Bowlin)
- Two printed sheets of vintage Halloween Images
- One Package of Ranger 12x12 Black Gloss Paper
- Two Sheets of Black Glitter Paper
- One Alterations Bigz Die - Rickety House
Makes me wish I could win! ;-)
But wait... there's more!
But wait... there's more!
To be eligible to win one (or both!) of these prizes, simply create your own work of art that incorporates the Chipped Enamel technique and link it here using the InLinkz button at the end of this post. There are just Two Simple Rules I require you to adhere to:
1. Follow the technique as it's written in the Compendium (with your own personal flair!)
2. Out of fairness to Tim, please don't post the instructions on your blog!
Okay, let's boogie! This challenge is open until 8:00 pm (MDT) next Sunday, September 5. I'm excited to see this week's gorgeous art!
Have a lovely, art-filled day!